Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Show and Tell

The December 22 EtsyBloggers blog carnival has two choices for me to choose from. I can either tell you about a Christmas tradition with a recipe or whatnot, or I can talk about a Christmas item in my shop or a favorite from someone else's.

Oh yeah, I choose the second option I've been in the Christmas shopping mood lately and have been browsing a lot so I'll talk about both mine and someone else's.

In my shop I have painted pinecones to which I attached a ribbon hanger. They're rather large, about 4-5 inches long, and would look fabulous on a big tree. I have smaller 2-3 inch silver and gold ones on my own little tree. I use the picture of the silver ones as an av on occasion. But I also made red, green, and gold ones.


Now, it's hard for me to say that something is my favorite item, but I can pick a really nice shop and pick out a favorite item. So I went through a few of my fellow EtsyBloggers shops and it didn't take long to find something suitable.

How about a hand sculpted santa ornament from Stormy Designs? (BTW, she's having a sale!!)

Sparkling champagne body lotion parfait from Spotted Cow soaps?

Guinness beer soap from aromaticbodyoils

Dusty rose and green pearl necklaces from TulipsTreasureBox

The Night Before Christmas cards from macaroniandglue

Gothic Princess celtic cross from 3RexesJewelry

Chainmaille snowflake ornament from Athena's Armoury

Peppermint striped glass bead earrings from A Keeper's Jackpot

Lightning stripe - black scarf by Cozy

2009 digital calendar with artwork by cmaille

And that's just a taste !

4 comments:

Athena's Armoury said...

Awesome pick's. Thank you so much for including my Snowflake Ornament!

Tulip's Talking said...

HOOTYHOOTHOO! Found out you did this feature and included me via Google Alerts!!! How wonderful to turn the computer on, go to email and see you have been loved.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

~Lily

Cozy said...

Thanks for the link to my scarf. You picked one of my favorites.

I am in love with your pinecones btw.:)

storybeader said...

I remember when I was little, we used pine cones all the time for art projects. Brings back fond memories... Thanks!