Friday, January 23, 2009

A little about me

As I mentioned previously, I started up the blogging guild on Artfire when they released the guilds this month. A part of this is the blog carnivals we are starting to do every 2 weeks. The next one is where we are introducing ourselves.

So, a little about me!

I consider myself a hobbyist when it comes to art and crafting because I actually write and edit full-time. I paint and make things when I have free-time because I enjoy doing it. Because of this I have an eclectic mix of items I offer up in my various shops. I just don't have room for it all in my house. I like to try out the various venues, and I like to buy things, so it's nice to already be familiar with or signed up for the sites. I can be found on Etsy, eCrater, Artfire, shophandmade, blujay, and have currently empty shops on Dawanda, ushops, Mintd, and pinkdoodle. I also have a buyer account at iCraft and ebay.

I love acrylic paint, and I learned woodburning from my mother when I was very young. Polymer clay is a more recent toy, I picked it up from my aunt about 10 years ago or so. In general, I have a little more than 20 years under my belt as far as crafting and art go.

Photography is a little different issue. I have a Gallery setup at Zazzle and like playing with adding my photos to items and then offering them on their site. I like to take the perfect picture and I own many of the things myself (including the calendar, magnets, and postcards). I offer prints on Etsy and Artfire, depending what I've had printed up.

On a more personal note, I'm turning 30 this year. I received my PhD from a graduate school of basic medical sciences in 2007 (finished actually in 2006). I used to teach grad school pathology courses. Now I edit scientific manuscripts, book chapters, dissertations, web content, and just about anything else. I write, too. Sometimes those links get put up on Twitter or Squidoo. I love Squidoo :) I maintain the handmade group, the EtsyBloggers lens, and a page with links to Former Etsy Sellers.

No comments: