Monday, March 16, 2009

Helping Recommendations

Times are tough. We all know it. Just today I've spoken to two people I am associated with through hobby or work whose families are likely to suffer because of job loss. This is added to a list of people to whom I am acquainted who lost work and cannot find replacement income. Many are the work-at-home spouses of the main breadwinner. What to do, what to do...

I'm going to start blogging about people whose handmade products are exceptional or who I know as exceptional people who make things. This doesn't necessarily mean they're on the list mentioned above, but at this time we can all use a little help by spreading the word about other great people and great products.

I've been meaning for a long time to start a Featured People series - I've gotten a lot of great handmade things and met a lot of great people through the handmade sites - this is just my motivation to sit down and do it.

It's in tough times when we absolutely have to help hold up others, though we always should anyway.

Spreading the word about my favorite crafters and artists is just one way I hope to contribute, simply because I can.

Stay tuned for the first recommendation on Wednesday, March 18.

No comments: