Saturday, March 21, 2009

Recommended Handsewn Goodies

Last year, I moved into a house with lots of laminate flooring, very little carpeting. This means I have a lot of swiffering and sweeping to do. But those swiffer cloths, even the dry ones, are expensive over time and I feel bad making more waste just to clean.

So I found the resuble ones made of a flannel-like material and reinforced around the edges. They're made by QuiltingMama and they are wonderful! I use them not just for the floor but for general dusting as well. Then I just throw the cloth in the wash. I have one I have used over and over again that is still just as good as the day I bought it.

I highly recommend these great eco-friendly and reusable dust cloths. They even fit the bigger, newer Swiffer sweepers.

QuiltingMama makes other great products that you can see in my spotlight below in her shop on Etsy linked above - blankets, quilts, bibs, clothing, coffee cozies, photo album covers....

No comments: