Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Showers...Spring part 1

We've all likely heard the saying "April showers bring May flowers", and of course then I follow with "what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims!" lol

But this week's Blogfire blog carnival theme is April showers, and yesterday we had our first thunderstorms of the season here in the North Country, so I'd like to share some storm-themed items I found on Etsy and Artfire....

Strangeling has a couple of storm fairy prints on Artfire, one is the sea storm mermaid shown here on the right.

I'm a fan of perler beads, I love to play with them myself, so this feminine raincloud necklace by myhkelismyy caught my attention.






And then there's this adorable, and aptly named, illustration from sarahjanestudios


This watercolor ACEO from MyrnaM reminded me of my sister's cat Fuzzer. My cats enjoy batting at the rain, too!


And to finish the post off, there is an April suitable necklace made from vintage components, by Bombalurina.

2 comments:

storybeader said...

great picks. Never heard of those perler beads before - they're kinda neat! The watercolors are so cute! Thanks for hosting our Blogfire Carnival!

Tulip's Talking said...

Cool way to do a blog carnival and PIF at the same time.

Neither had I heard of the perler beads...fun!

~Lily x0