Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recommended Pin Cushions

I'm not much of a seamstress and I have horrible luck with a sewing machine, but I know many of you are experts with the needle and use pin cushions regularly. With that in mind, I'd like to share my next recommendation.

If you're looking for a beautiful and unique pin cushion, or want to learn to make your own bottlecap pin cushion, then Jen Segrest is the person you want to gravitate towards.

After being acquainted with Jen on Twitter and via Etsy, I was amazed to find out this woman's credentials (if you recognize her name it's because she's currently the web designer for Artfire and is actually widely known in the internet community for her work on PixelDecor). The book "Pretty little pin cushions" features her work, she runs SchmaltzyCraftsy and VeryBigBlog (how she got her Etsy and Artfire shop moniker VeryBigJen), and she is an internationally recognized researcher of Medieval beadwork!

She offers tutorials as well as finished and custom pin cushions so elaborately and beautifully decorated that it makes want to start sewing just so I can justify buying a few.

She has shops on a number of venues, and I have attempted to sample from them below, but be sure to check out her linked sites above and Flickr in order to fully appreciate what she has to offer!

No comments: