Saturday, July 18, 2009

Recommended Mineral Makeup

I had been putting off trying some handmade cosmetics, I generally don't wear much makeup and my skin tends to be sensitive, so I had to hit a point where I was ready for replacement and willing to give something new a shot. I have been admiring the extent of selection at Pink Quartz Minerals for awhile, and she comes highly recommended, so I took the plunge and got some of her samplers and small sifters - and I am absolutely smitten.

The mineral makeup doesn't come off as easily as you would expect with everything being powder-based. The eye shadow easily doubles as eyeliner (Kettle is very dark and wonderful as liner), the coverage over time is no less than the commercial shadows, and the brushes she provides with the kits are perfectly suited for applying her products.

Add in the fact that the ingredients are readily available, she includes tips and application directions for each of her products, and the products are vegan and natural - and I'm completely turned off from the box store cosmetics.

Below is a spotlight of items she has available on Etsy:

No comments: