Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's that time

It's that time of year when the school buses hit the road, the kids get new clothes, and stores run sales on notebooks and pens. This year it is also marking a new time...My baby sister is starting college!

*sigh* She's moving away from Mom's house next week, waking up a week from now in her dorm room for the first time. The longest she's been away from home was when she flew out to NY to stay with me for 2 weeks one summer a few years ago. She was just a kid then, and now she's an adult. *sigh*

She's going to study Biology, and she's living in the Honors dorm, a new one with air conditioning. I'm a little jealous. I remember college - the late night studying, the concerts, the lecture halls, the doing as I pleased within a walk...it's when independence really set in. And I'm so happy for her.

Back to school is taking on a whole new meaning for my family. She's the last of our generation (including cousins) to be out of school. My mom now starts the adventure of not having kids to get around or school schedules to know. I'm going to be getting lots of phone calls! lol

This week's Blogfire blog carnival theme is "back to school". Stop by the guild blog to see what other members wrote about.

1 comment:

disguisedgenius said...

yes i creep on your blogs lol and whenever i do i see this picture of me and i click on it (conceited? maybe) so i think i've read this 5 times now... lol

HI!