Saturday, August 1, 2009

Learning to Knit


I have been attempting to learn to knit. As I mentioned in another post, I got some books from Crafter's Choice. One is the Chicks with Sticks book on knitting. It's pretty good, though I've found some typos and as someone who has never worked with knitting needles, some of the pictures aren't detailed enought, but it's working lol or I'm working, as shown by my samples above (made using different sized needles and knit stitch, the sample on the needles is stockinette - knit, purl, knit, purl).
Principles of Knitting by June Hiatt, which I got from the library, is an older book from the 1980s, and it is amazingly thorough. I recommend it for experienced knitters looking to expand their stitch potential.


The blue size 4 needles were my grandmother's! I found them among my craft supplies in the closet. I haven't actually started a project yet, I'm still getting my bearings with the yarn and needles, but I hope to be ready to make a scarf by the winter. Not sure if I'll ever be confident, or good, enough to sell the items, but it's a nice hobby :)

1 comment:

KelbelleDesigns said...

I think you'll find knitting VERY relaxing once you get the hang of it! Did you try any videos on the internet too? I always learned easier watching someone do something than seeing it in a book. Good Luck to you!!!