Thursday, August 27, 2009

My favorite technique

This week's Blogfire blog carnival theme is our favorite art or crafting technique.

I have to say, that my favorite thing to do is...well...ummm...paint. No...woodburning. Ok...both those things. Well...for things I can do. For things I can't do, my favorite technique is glassblowing.

I am absolutely amazed at those who are able to take a seemingly solid material and reform it into something completely different. Various types of glasswork do this, but the idea of blowing air to shape the molten glass...I would burn something! lol

I watched a glass blowing demonstration at a park once and it was stunning. A small glob of glass is turned into an amazingly beautiful bowl, vase, or other item. I found a seller on Artfire who has some good examples of what I mean - OldCityGlass





And there are these flowers from diadams on Artfire

1 comment: