Monday, March 29, 2010

Crochet update

Woohoo! I finished the bag this weekend

However, I also learned that I did the single crochet stitch wrong. The ribbing is because I only went behind the front of the stitch in a row and not in the complete hole (probably because I was stitching too tightly). I actually really like the ribbing texture for the bag, so it's not a bad thing that I messed up (and it least it was consistent lol).

The yarn end poking out of the upper left is a piece I tied on to hold stitch markers I made. These helped me learn to recognize the rows as well as when I did the handle and didn't want to lose the loop on one side (they have lobster clasps so they're removable and hold the yarn, unlike the rings used for knitting that slide on and off the needles).

The green plaid sticking out between the handles at the top is part of the crochet hook case I made.

Because of my faux pas I've started a dishcloth sized piece with the acrylic yarn to make sure I can do the real stitch (and more loosely) before moving on to half double and double crochet. So far, so good.


Looks like fingerless gloves are the next project in my book (woot woot) and I've got a nice, soft, light brown wool to do them in (double woot woot).

No comments: