Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Emerald Isle

This week's Blogfire blog carnival has a few different accessorizing themes to choose from, including green/gold. Because of the proximity to St. Patrick's Day, I'm delving into the green wonders of Artfire.

A long time ago when I was only a couple feet tall and dreamed of being able to pick out my own clothes I loved the color green. I'm still somewhat attracted to the color, but moreso because it means Spring - new grass, budding trees, sprouting flowers - rather than actually liking the color (though dark greens are very tasteful for many things).

Because of my old love of green, I had a fascination with emeralds. I loved the term "the Emerald Isle", and of course Ireland is associated with the color green. As well as clvoers, shamrocks, leprechauns, and all things Celtic.

I've put together a spotlight below of these various themes, all linked by color, even if entirely different in theme: Spring, Emerald, Irish

No comments: