Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail, Hippity Hoppity

Easter weekend is upon us and this week's Blogfire blog carnival is revolving around the various aspects of the holiday.

When I was growing up, Easter weekend was very busy - Good Friday and Easter morning church services, Easter breakfast at church, and then family dinners on Friday and Sunday. Since my college years, though, spending Easter with my family hasn't always been an option and the customary practices have gone to the wayside. Without a family church I don't celebrate the religious holiday much these days, but I still remember the egg hunts, Easter baskets, and goodies that I enjoyed as a supplement to the days in and out of church.

Bunnies, chicks, colorful eggs....cute cute stuff. My mom, errr I mean the Easter Bunny, used to hide our baskets and leave notes with either riddles or games we had to complete to find them (I used to turn the tables and make mom hunt for her Christmas gifts hehehe). Kids in search of candy do not heed hints well lol And we had a huge yard where eggs could be hid, so often my dad couldn't remember where he, errr the Easter Bunny lol, had hid them all!

Well, I went on a hunt on Artfire for good ol' Peter Cottontail (hoppin' down the bunny trail, hippity hoppity...) and his goodies:

No comments: