Friday, May 21, 2010

Grow garden grow

One of the theme's for this week's EtsyBloggers blog carnival is to discuss gardening plans for this season...I wish I had garden plans...but I need room for veggies and strawberries that I don't have...*sigh*

I had planted seeds in pots for carnations and bachelor buttons (a type of cornflower) when the weather started warming up a month ago...then we got snow (yes, from 80 degrees to snow in late April!!). See my poor little flower box on the left, all covered :(

So the poor little germinating greenies got frozen...but they seem to be greening up and growing again!

In the meantime, I have planted multi-color pansies and dark red snapdragons from a local greenhouse. I have wrought iron hanging boxes on the front and side porch. The first ones planted got hit with frost (grumble grumble grumble), so if they don't spring back I'll likely get marigolds or geraniums to replace them.

No comments: