Friday, September 17, 2010

The last of summer

Fall is here - the weather is cool, the smell of woodsmoke is in the air, the leaves are changing, scarecrows and pumpkins are out - we have a frost advisory tonight!

This week's Blogfire blog carnival theme is on the last hurrah, and with summer winding down up here I wanted to share my flowers that I just hadn't gotten to sharing yet.

My carnations finally bloomed this year! They grew as big plants and small plants and bloomed! They were gorgeous, but I only got a few pictures of them at the beginning back in June/July. They smelled like cinnamon :)








Now the flowers are all but gone, the leaves are browning and droopy, and it's time to trim and set them aside. Hopefully they'll come back next year *sigh*

2 comments:

TiLT said...

So sad when the flowers go...glad I have some fall flowering ones - that way I can pretend summer lasted longer :P

Meri Greenleaf said...

I love carnations- next year you'll have to get more photos. ;)