Friday, December 23, 2011

Chunky rice crispy treats

I made Rice Krispie treats (well, rice crispy, because I used generic brand cereal) and I got impatient with the melting marshmallows - so they turned out chunky in the marshmallow sense...but mmm mmm

It had been a long time since I had made them, and the generic cereal didn't have the recipe on the side of the box, so I had to double-check it on the Rice Krispies website.

4 cups minimarshmallows to 6 cups cereal
Melt the marshmallows in about 3 Tbsp of butter or margarine then add the cereal.
Mix well, press into a pan greased with butter or vegetable oil spray (use wax paper to press!). As I figured out, pressing is important for the density of the treat.
I used a 9x13 pan, you can if you want treats about a quarter inch thick (or half inch thick if you don't press)

No comments: